Donors are wild about animals, wildlife education and our natural planet.
As the COVID-19 crisis has demonstrated, an emergency fund is always a sound practice.
Your donations help us maintain quality care for our animals and the dedicated professionals that take care of them, no matter what comes next.
As a private, 501(c)3 nonprofit, Catoctin Wildlife Preserve depends on revenue from school groups, admissions, annual memberships, animal adoptions and community partners to care for hundreds of animal residents.
This was a difficult financial challenge. Usually, March, April and May are active days, filled with members returning to see what’s new, hundreds of school groups visiting from Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia, and new visitors enjoying the beauty of our park.
Please consider donating to help keep our operations running smoothly, in good times and bad.
Here are some suggested donation levels and what they will support.
Give $20, and you will help us provide one of the following:
- Fresh produce for a week for the giant Galapagos Tortoise.
- Nutritious seed for one week for the Amazon Aviary residents.
Give $50, and you will help us provide one of the following:
- Fresh meat for the Jaguar and Asian Leopard for 4 days.
- Heat the “Hot Stuff” venomous snake exhibits for 3 days.
Give $100, and you will help us provide one of the following:
- Newborn examination and vaccination for a lamb or kid in the Petting Zoo.
- 3 bags of specialty chow for the Meerkats.
Give $250, and you will help us provide one of the following:
- Grain for the buffalo and zebra in the Safari Ride paddocks for 6 days.
- Mixed specialty chow, meats and produce for the omnivores like the Sun Bears for 30 days.
Give $500, and you will help us provide one of the following:
- Hay bales for feed and bedding straw for 7 days.
- Cleaning supplies and safety gear for 28 days.
Give $1,000, and you will help us provide one of the following:
- Enrichment treats, puzzles and obstacles for all the primates for 30 days..
- One routine Veterinary care visit.
Give $2500, and you will help us provide one of the following:
- One emergency Veterinary care visit.
Give $5,000, and you will help us provide one of the following:
- A full order of grains, meats, specialty chow and fresh produce to feed all of the animals for 21 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t you get government support?
Catoctin Wildlife Preserve is operated by Global Wildlife Trust, a private 501(c) 3 nonprofit. We do not receive any tax-supported local, state or federal funding for our operational needs.
What’s the money used for?
It costs more than $1 million dollars a year to operate the Preserve. Funds support the nutritional and veterinary needs of approximately 1,000 animals from around the world, accomplished by about 35 staff members that care for the animals 365 days a year.
Besides making a donation, what else can I do to help?
Annual memberships are on sale now. Visit our Membership page for more info.
Can you tell me about some of the conservation and education efforts of the Preserve?
We protect more than 50 species listed as either threatened or endangered by the International Union for Conservation of Nature within our formal and natural habitats.
In a typical year, we would welcome 10,000 students and school-aged children to the park, contributing directly to the learning and retained knowledge of biology and ecology.